Thursday, December 24, 2009

I'm finally here

It's 6 pm on Christmas Eve and I'm here at Ate Alaine's house in BF Homes - yep thats right, in the Philippines! I knew I was here the moment I stepped foot out of the plane and smelled typical Filipino air. There's just a distinct smell that I can't describe but you just know. I was greeted by my wonderful Tita Yolie and nephew Laurence and driven by my beautiful cousin to the place I call home - Sta Ana. For some reason, the streets seem like they've shrunk since the last time I was here 5 years ago. The moment I stepped foot outside of the car, Nanay was waiting for me with her arms wide open and ready to give me a hug and a million kisses. That's what I love about it here. I met my dad's side next door which is so funny cos they all look like mirror images of my father and we just stare at each other and smile haha.

I've spent the rest of the afternoon here in Paranaque, took a nap (best sleep ever!!) and just had a shower 20 mins ago, but now I feel sticky again haha. Oh Phils, I love it here!! And I've finally met my other nephew - Aiss! No I have someone to converse in English with, or in my words - Australian :P

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment