In less than 24 hours I'll be on a plane on the way to my 'happiest' place on earth - the Philippines. This place not only has most of my known relatives who I dearly miss and love like no other here, but it's also the place I've grown to know what real love means. I love the Philippines more than people know it. I usually come off as someone who doesn't have pride in her hometown, but deep down I do. I love the closeness of people there with their families, the way they live in their simplicity; you don't have people who appreciate every day over here like they do there.
I'm so excited to go tomorrow that I'm still up today/early morning just thinking about seeing my tita at the airport and giving her the biggest hug in the world. If you have relatives in Aus, then you will never understand what it feels like to see blood relatives after years, 5 to be exact. I'm looking forward to many things, especially stepping foot into Silang St and meeting both sides of my family. Yep, they live next door to each other. A love story perhaps? not sure. Either way, it makes visiting relatives so much easier just having to walk 2 steps to the left.
My boyfriend and I've been talking about this trip since the beginning of the year, over dinner I think? I can't remember. But every time we talk about our dreams for the future, most of all the time...it happens. And today in the car, we were talking about the possibility of falling in love with Japan (as many tourists who've been there have said it's a great place to live..) on this trip and as teachers, maybe living there to teach English. It's so scary that even if this is just a thought for us, our ideas usually become reality because we're people of our word and believe anything is possible (after that ultimate dive of course haha). So who knowws, maybe in 5 years time, Ryan and Mary will be residing in Tokyo as English teachers. I'd laugh if this ever came true.
I yearn to be in my 'happy' place right now, also known as Boracay. This island is a memory that brings me much joy just thinking about 5 years ago ..sitting besides the waves looking up into the stars talking about endless thoughts. What were we talking about then? I can't remember. I just want to be away from this place and be somewhere far far away with him and be 17 all over again - banana boat, making sandcastles, island hopping, drinking cocktails and beer, jetboating, getting massages (much needed!), sleeping and just pure relaxing. This is gonna be the best holiday, ever.
...let's bring it back ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment