Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Just the way you are

Id never ask you to change, If perfect is what you're searching for, then just stay the same.

This song reminds me of every reason why I would never change my decision to be happy. To be with someone who completes me in every single way. You know that saying, 'opposides attract'? that's us. We are on the other side of the spectrum. He is outgoing, musical, talkative, spontaneous, relaxed - an extrovert. I'm quiet, bookish, predictable, ambitious, highly conscious - an introvert. For two people to find comfort in each other's being, to find a connection that overcomes any doubt or fear this crazy world can offer, only He will ever know. But as for me, I know he is the only person that could, well... put up with me.

Putting all jokes aside, in one word - he is my best friend. Even before the sparks, I think my heart knew it before I did ...and my mind just caught up. Eventually, every moment we had together as friends would be just that one step closer to what we have today. And I couldn't be any happier. Someone who can see right through me, as I get out of the car, to give me one hug because he'd sense just how much of a big day I've had at work, or a foot massage at just the right moment, or a joke that would send the corners of my lips east to west, or a simple touch of my hand in the car to anywhere would make me feel calm and human, just to know he knows me.

No one in this entire universe knows me more than he does. I can tell him anything, even on repeat. How good, horrible, tiring, stressful my day was, my worries in life (or in our words, 'useless' worry), and most especially my dreams. I feel so blessed that even the strangest dreams of mine are valued by him, no matter how un-eventful they seem to be (well, when I hear the words coming out of my own mouth, I'd think so) somehow, he still thinks they're cool, and ok. And out of all the blessings, I'm so grateful we can share the same heart, the same kind of spirit that fills us up and reminds us of the simple joys in life. I would trade everything in this world to keep this spirit alive.

Whenever I think of him during these times of school-stresses, somehow I find the energy to smile despite the piles of paperwork beside me. Cos I know, sooner than later we'll be doing this all again together. Knowing this affirms everything I believe in, when you find that one person who loves you deeper than you can love yourself, then you've won it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment