Fear. I guess when I reflect on this word, the only thing I start thinking about is the future. Not because I don't see it going anywhere positive. Oh, believe me it's the complete opposite, a great thought I can't actually wait to grow up and be there. Fear in the way that although I do have a perceived idea on what I'd like my future to be, there is always that small uncertainty of actually making it that way, and on the way making sure I don't disappoint anyone or make any mistakes that could jeoperdise all opportunities of a great life. The only thing I fear is my ability to stay strong, focused, determined, driven for the people that depend on it. What if I'm not strong enough to handle being an adult? Sometimes (actually, most of the time) I still think I'm a teenager, but my age, my career, my financial debts say otherwise. My worldly thoughts fear me.
Trust. My heart's in a good place at the moment. I think I've reached a point in my spiritual maturity (but I know this is not the end all...) that I completely trust in God in everything, and I mean...everything. My decisions, my career, my family, true friendships, love...its in His hands. And due to this trust, I know I've definitely chosen the right person I call my best friend, not only because he has unfailingly been there through and through, but because simply - he allows me to trust him and makes my trust worthy. He has opened up his life to me in such a way that I am able to see his reflection, his imperfections and still see Christ working through him, day in and day out. My trust with him allows us to dream the biggest dreams together and work through the knots of daily life. At the end of the day, I know, because I've decided to trust him, he has also trusted me... and everything is possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment