Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dream BIG

Same time last year, I was working effortlessly at Hoyts, gathering as much shifts as I could in order for me to make our Eurotrip a reality. I had something to look forward to, something to work towards, and a dream about to be fulfilled. At moments like this, when last year seems to be a blur, and instead of being in control of almost everything going on in my life ..I'm stuck in a limbo. The waiting game. More like the wishing game.

Almost every time we talk about our future, I always bring up special moments of my trip - how beautiful the Eiffel Tower looks at night, how picturesque the streets of Venice are, how interesting the ancient ruins of Rome were ..and how much I grew up from this one month experience across the world. It's only been 10 months since I was roaming around London, Paris, Venice, Berlin and Amsterdam, but now it only seems like a dream.

Now that I'm about to step foot into the real world (and btw, it's not as great as I hoped it would be!) I have made a list of places and things I'd like to achieve well, before I'm hitched. Now that's a whole new story!
  1. Teach in London for at least one year.
  2. Go back to the motherland and take a detour to Japan to visit Tita Annabelle's night club in Tokyo.
  3. Relax on the shores of Bali.
  4. Experience WYD'11 in Madrid (possibly the last WYD as a single-person).
  5. Stand at the top of the Eiffel Tower (again).
  6. Visit cousins in NY and gallavant in America.
  7. Soak up the sun in Hawaii.
  8. Go back to NZ.

That's only my rough list, but I'll refine it as soon as I get some funds coming my way and make this list more realistic (with goal dates/years and company?).

No comments:

Post a Comment