Saturday, October 3, 2009

One year ago..

I'm officially on school holidays now and safe to say I've survived 3 term's of teaching so far. Can I say that the past term, although it was only 10 weeks as opposed to 11 felt like a whole semester! I felt like I was dragging my feet to start every week and exhausted by every lesson. Is it because all the kids have already started their 'holiday' mode? Cos I don't know what it was but some of the angel kids turned evil ...or starting to be rebel. Ahh, highschool days, hormones, puberty ..it's all making sense now.

So I've decided to blog as an outlet this morning. I woke up at 8 am (with daylight savings already!!!) so technically 7 am on a Sunday morning. I'm so glad it's the holidays seriously, and even more glad that my bf also has holidays with me!! Since Thursdays events (4 beers and a date with bub's gutter and sink...ewww) I've been much more careful now with my beers only because I feel so embarrassed that I chucked up on a Thursday night when I had to teach the next day! Never again I tell ya ...on a school night anyways haha.

So it's been exactly a year since my bf told me he officially had undying feelings for me hehe. Ok, I won't laugh because exactly one year ago laughing was the last thing I was doing, more like surprised beyond anything...especially coming from him. It was the last words I ever expected him to say, more so just talk to him on the phone ever again, or better yet be a part of his life in any way. If I look back at last year and how life was like back then, I'm sure what it is now is nothing close to how I ever pictured it. Yet, it's better. When we talk about how it all 'started again', we can never really understand how it happened again, like what made us both just jump and be certain it was us two. I'm sure a greater power was behind us because through the months of getting to know each other again and trusting (that was a huge thing) it took more than just believing in each other but giving up everything to make this work, even if it meant loosing friends and disagreeing to family values.

I don't know what it is about him but I would choose him over anything in this world. I am not 'me' without him. Is it crazy to say that? that someone really does 'complete' you, or a big part of you would be missing if they weren't there? Then I'm crazy. Last year I told him that we didn't need each other, we could go on with our lives without each other because it's just a 'want', or a preference that we have each other here. But when I really think about it, and talking about it last night..I really do need him. I could never be completely happy without him. Sure, I can still smile, laugh, have a great life without him, but I think I'd be kidding myself. I've tried that before...4 years of trying to prove to him that I didn't need him around to make me happy. Yes, good memories came out of those 4 years, achievements, dreams fulfilled...but through it all, I always knew in the back of my head, if only he was here then it would've been the best.

If you're reading this baby, I love you =)

No comments:

Post a Comment